Readycash is a basic UK personal current account from Yorkshire Bank. Yorkshire Bank is a trading name of Clydesdale Bank plc which is itself a subsidiary of the National Australia Bank Group. Consequently this account is almost identical to the Clydesdale Readycash account and it is possible to use both Yorkshire Bank and Clydesdale Bank branches. The only difference between these two accounts is that it is not possible to deposit funds at a Post Office branch with this account whereas with the Clydesdale Bank Readycash account it is.
The debit card issued with this account is now a standard Mastercard type (previously Maestro). It can be used to withdraw cash from an ATM, a Yorkshire (or Clydesdale) Bank branch or UK Post Office and also to pay for goods and services online, by phone, in person (at a shop, for example) and abroad. It is aimed at over 16s who are UK residents and who might not be able to get a full current account because of some adverse credit history or who might simply want a basic account to manage their money day to day without worrying about getting into debt.
What Yorkshire Bank offers:
- A basic personal current account for those resident in the UK.
- Most bad credit accepted.
- Branches in many parts of England. Clydesdale Bank branches can also be used.
- Mastercard debit card issued.
- Withdraw up to £350 per day in cash (subject to available funds) from Yorkshire (or Clydesdale) Bank branches, Yorkshire (or Clydesdale) Bank ATMs, other ATMs or the Post Office using the Maestro card.
- Make payments online, by phone or in a store using the Maestro debit card.
- Deposit cash and cheques using the card at any Yorkshire (or Clydesdale) Bank branch counter or deposit machine.
- Obtain balance enquiries at any Yorkshire (or Clydesdale) Bank branch or Post Office.
- Internet and 24hr telephone banking.
- Standing Orders and Direct Debits.
- Pay in benefits or salary.
- Online or paper statements. Paper statements can be requested on a more frequent basis than standard subject to a charge.
- No monthly fees.
- Cashback from participating retailers.
- The account is free to operate when run responsibly.
- No cheque book is available.
- No overdraft is available.
- No interest is paid.
- Cannot make cash/cheque deposits at a UK Post Office. Post Offices can only be used to withdraw funds and obtain a balance enquiry.
- No CIFAS fraud flags are allowed.
- No undischarged bankrupts.
- A ‘Returned Item and Notification Fee’ is payable if the payment of a Direct Debit or Standing Order cannot be made due to there not being enough money in the account to cover it.
Proof of ID and address is required.
Some of the fees for this Yorkshire Bank basic account include:
Returned Item plus Notification Fee £35.
Inward foreign payments: up to £100 or equiv. Free, over £100 or equiv. £7.
Banker’s drafts £30 per draft.
Click on button below to go to Yorkshire Bank Readycash account page.