Barclays offer a basic Cash Card personal UK bank account for those with or without a bad credit history including those who are undischarged from bankruptcy. This account can also come with a Barclays Visa debit card rather than just an ATM card. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and be resident in the UK.
What Barclays offers:
- A basic personal account for those resident in the UK.
- More than 1700 branches nationwide.
- Choice of Visa debit card or ATM cash card.
- Direct Debits and Standing Orders.
- Manage the account at any Barclays branch counter (cash and cheque deposits, cash withdrawals, balance enquiries etc).
- Internet and telephone banking.
- Mobile banking and text alerts.
- Fee free cash withdrawals of up to £300 per day from Barclays and LINK branded ATMs and at Post Office counters.
- Visa debit card can be used to make purchases in shops, online and by phone.
- Paper or online statements.
- Adverse credit accepted.
- Undischarged bankrupts allowed. This basic account is one of only a few personal current accounts from high street banks that accepts undischarged bankrupts. According to Barclays there are now 1.25 million holders of this account, not all undischarged from bankruptcy, though.
- The account has no charges when run properly.
- No overdrafts are available and there is no cheque book.
- No CIFAS fraud flags are allowed.
- No cash or cheque deposits (or balance enquiry requests) can be made at Post Office counters.
- Returned Transaction Fee applicable on unpaid Standing Orders and Direct Debits.
The Visa debit card can be used worldwide.
No interest is paid on the account.
Proof of ID and address is required (click below and see website for details).
Some of the fees for this Barclays basic account include:
Returned Transaction Fee £8 (max. per day).
Banker’s draft £15.
Special cheque Direct Presentation Service £20.
Barclays Text Alert Service Free.
There is a 2% debit card charge to obtain cash from a non-Barclays ATM machine or branch.
Click on button below to go to Barclays Basic Bank Account page.