This is a basic UK personal current account from the Nationwide that comes with a Visa debit card. It is aimed at over 18s who want a simple account or for those who might not be able to get a fully featured current account elsewhere because of their previous bad credit.
What Nationwide FlexBasic account offers:
- A basic personal account for those resident in the UK.
- Most bad credit accepted.
- UK’s (and indeed the world’s) largest Building Society with branches in most parts of the UK.
- Visa Debit card.
- Internet, mobile and telephone banking.
- Direct Debits and Standing Orders.
- Pay in benefits or salary.
- Ability to withdraw up to £300 per day in cash from an ATM. There are no charges when withdrawing cash from Nationwide ATMs in the UK. Withdrawals from Visa/PLUS ATMs in the UK may incur charges.
- Withdraw up to £500 cash a day from a Nationwide branch (subject to available funds, obviously). Minimum withdrawal £100.
- Free cash withdrawals of up to £300 at Post Offices where it is also possible to obtain a balance enquiry (no other Nationwide services such as deposits are available at Post Offices).
- Paper or online statements.
- No monthly fees.
- The account has no charges when run responsibly.
- No overdrafts are available and there is no cheque book.
- No interest is paid.
- No cash withdrawals outside the UK.
- No requests for mini statements or balance enquiries can be made at a branch counter. An ATM, their Internet Bank or telephone service must be used instead.
- No CIFAS fraud flags are allowed.
- An ‘unpaid item charge’ is payable if the payment of a Direct Debit or Standing Order cannot be made due to there not being enough money in the account to cover it.
Proof of ID and address is required.
Some of the fees for this Nationwide basic account include:
Unpaid item charge £15 per item.
Electronic transfers (UK/overseas) £25.
Counter draft £10.
Fee for non-Sterling transactions (incl. cash withdrawals/card payments) 2%.
Click on button below to go to Nationwide Cash Card account page.