This is an instant access savings account from banking giant Santander that can be opened with as little as £1. The maximum balance is £2M. Interest is paid on the anniversary of the account opening date. You must be at least 16 years old to open one.
It comes with a choice of either passbook or ATM cash card and the account can be managed by using a branch, online, mobile, by phone or using a cash machine.
You might also be interested in their eSaver account which is an online operated account that requires a minimum opening investment of just £1.
This bank offers a comprehensive range of other savings and investment accounts including fixed term bonds and numerous ISAs.
Santander UK is the third largest bank in the UK. In 2010, Santander UK was formed by the renaming of Abbey National plc. The above account was previously offered by the Abbey.
This bank offers a large array of financial products including personal current accounts, business accounts, mortgages, savings & investments, credit cards, insurance and loans.
What the Santander Everyday Saver Savings Account offers:
- Minimum opening balance of only £1.
- Unlimited free withdrawals.
- A cash card can be requested.
- Available to 16 year olds (or children over 11 if opened in trust).
- Statements issued annually.
- Can be operated online, by phone, using mobile banking, in branch or by using a cash machine.
- Unlimited deposits up to £2M.