Clydesdale Bank is one of Scotland’s largest banks and is a member of the National Australia Bank Group. Clydesdale Bank plc also trades as Yorkshire Bank.
The basic UK personal current account they offer is called the Readycash account which is almost identical to the Readycash account from the Yorkshire Bank. Apart from being able to deposit funds at a UK Post Office with this account but not with the Yorkshire Bank Readycash account and obviously the name of the bank and the distribution of branches throughout the UK the accounts are the same. Clydesdale Bank branches are situated in the North of England and Scotland plus one in London. Both Yorkshire Bank and Clydesdale Bank branches can be used.
The debit card issued with this account is the Maestro type which is a MasterCard brand. The card can be used to withdraw cash from a Clydesdale (or Yorkshire) Bank branch, any ATM or UK Post Office and also to pay for goods and services by phone, online, at a retail outlet and abroad. It is aimed at UK residents over 16 who might not be able to get a standard personal account because of some previous bad credit or who might simply want an easy to operate account to manage their money on a day to day basis.
What Clydesdale Bank offers:
- A basic personal account for those resident in the UK.
- Most adverse credit accepted.
- Branches in Scotland. Yorkshire Bank branches can also be used.
- Maestro debit card.
- Withdraw up to £350 per day in cash (if funds are available in the account) from Clydesdale (or Yorkshire) Bank branches, Clydesdale (or Yorkshire) Bank ATMs, other cash machines plus the Post Office using the debit card.
- The debit card can also be used to make a payment online, by phone or in a store.
- Deposit cheques and cash using the Maestro debit card at any Clydesdale (or Yorkshire) Bank branch counter or deposit machine.
- Deposit cheques and cash at any UK Post Office.
- Obtain balance enquiries at any Clydesdale (or Yorkshire) Bank branch or Post Office.
- 24hr telephone and Internet banking.
- Direct Debits and Standing Orders.
- Pay in wages or benefits.
- Paper or online statements. Subject to a charge, paper statements can be requested on a more frequent basis than standard.
- Cashback from participating retailers.
- The account is free to operate when run responsibly. There are no monthly fees.
- No overdraft or cheque book is available.
- No interest is paid.
- No CIFAS fraud flags are permitted.
- No one undischarged from bankruptcy.
- A ‘Returned Item and Notification Fee’ is payable if the payment of a Standing Order or Direct Debit cannot be made due to there not being sufficient funds in the account to cover it.
Proof of ID and address is required.
Some of the fees for this Clydesdale Bank basic account include:
Banker’s drafts £30 per draft.
Inward foreign payments: up to £100 or equiv. Free, over £100 or equiv. £7.
Returned Item plus Notification Fee £35.
Click on button below to go to Clydesdale Bank Readycash account page.