This is a basic UK personal current account from the Bank of Scotland. Bank of Scotland is part of HBOS (Halifax Bank of Scotland) which is owned by the Lloyds Banking Group.
The account provides a full Visa debit card and is aimed at those who are over 18 and who are either a UK resident, an EU national or who have permission to stay in the UK for at least 12 months. Applicants must not have a current account with the Bank of Scotland already.
What Bank of Scotland offers:
- A personal current account for UK residents, EU nationals or those who can stay in the UK for at least a year.
- Bad credit accepted.
- Branches in most parts of the UK.
- Ideal for those who want a no frills account or who may be finding it hard to get an account because of an adverse credit history.
- Visa debit card which can be used anywhere that accepts Visa such as in shops, online or over the phone.
- Take out up to £200 a day from any Bank of Scotland, Halifax, Lloyds TSB or Sainsbury’s cash machines ONLY. It is also possible to obtain a mini statement at any Bank of Scotland, Halifax or Sainsbury’s cash machine, which will list up to the last seven transactions.
- Pay in cheques and cash with the paying-in book at any depositpoint™ or over the counter at any Bank of Scotland branch (where it is also possible to obtain a balance enquiry). Deposits can also be made at some of the Bank of Scotland Cashpoint cash machines in branches.
- Pay one-off bills in any Bank of Scotland branch.
- Take out up to £200 a day at UK Post Offices where it is also possible to obtain balance enquiries.
- Obtain up to £50 in cashback at most supermarkets.
- Direct Debits and Standing Orders.
- Internet banking and telephone banking.
- Mobile text and weekly balance alerts.
- Pay in benefits or salary.
- Paper or online statements.
- Buffer zone of £10 (can go overdrawn up to this amount without any unarranged overdraft charges being levied).
- No monthly fees.
- The account has no charges when run responsibly.
- No overdrafts are available and there is no cheque book.
- Cannot use the Visa debit card to withdraw cash at cash machines that do not belong to Bank of Scotland, Lloyds TSB, Halifax or Sainsbury’s.
- Cannot withdraw cash over the counter at a branch.
- Cannot deposit cheques or cash at Post Office branches.
- No CIFAS fraud flags are allowed.
- No undischarged bankrupts.
- No credit interest.
- A ‘returned item fee’ is payable if the payment of a Direct Debit or Standing Order cannot be made due to lack of funds. This could be charged up to a maximum of three returned item fees a day. This fee will not be charged if the amount of the payment that is declined is £10 or less. Alternatively, Bank of Scotland may decide to give the account holder an unplanned overdraft and this will incur the Monthly Overdraft Usage Fee of £6. In such circumstances there will not be any interest to pay or any unplanned overdraft daily fees.
Proof of ID and address is required.
No interest is earned on this account.
Some of the fees for this Bank of Scotland basic account include:
Special cheque presentation £10.
Returned cheque Free.
Returned item fee £10 (up to 3 times per day).
Sterling banker’s draft/cheque £20.
CHAPs payment £25.
International payment from account £19.50/£9.50.
Click on button below to go to Bank of Scotland Cash Account page.